Tuesday, July 31, 2012

3 Easy and Delicious Recipes!

I always get extremely busy in the summertime, so I find myself eating out a lot. Lately, I've been trying to cook more and I thought I would share 3 easy and delicious recipes that I've made recently!

1. Chicken and Cabbage Salad
This is a quick and easy thing to make for lunch! I used leftover chicken that my boyfriend and I had made for dinner the night before, so it didn't take me long to throw it together!

Ingredients:
Chicken breasts (I marinated them in soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, and honey and then we grilled them)
Shredded cabbage mix
Shredded cheese
Soy sauce & lime juice for the dressing

Directions:
Grill or reheat grilled chicken, then cut into pieces.
Add chicken to shredded cabbage.
Top with shredded cheese.
Add soy sauce and lime juice for "dressing".

2. BBQ Brisket Nachos
This recipe is delicious! My family found this awesome BBQ place in Seaside, FL this summer and I had BBQ Brisket Nachos that were to die for! My boyfriend and I attempted to recreate them when we got back from vacation, and I have to say we were pretty successful!!

Ingredients:
BBQ Brisket (We just bought pre-made brisket from the grocery store)
BBQ Baked Beans
Chopped onions
Corn tortilla chips
Nacho cheese sauce
Sour cream

Directions:
Cook brisket as directed.
Cook beans as directed
Lay chips out on a plate and top with all ingredients!

3. Thai Peanut Chicken in the Crock Pot
This isn't a recipe that I came up with, but it was so delicious that I wanted to share! I bought a super cute crock pot (yes, I said my crock pot was cute, just look at it!) at Target over the weekend, so I was looking for good crock pot recipes to test it out!

Click here to view the Thai Peanut Chicken recipe! The only difference was that I put mine over rice instead of noodles and used gluten free soy sauce! I also added peanuts on top for that extra crunch!

All of these recipes are gluten free if you use the right ingredients too!

Hope you enjoy these easy and delicious recipes as much as I do!

Happy Cooking!
xoxo- Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment