Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pinterest Wisdom

Pinterest is addicting. It is full of cute clothes, fun DIYs, great make up and home decor. There is also a category I call "wisdom." 100 raw foods, 50 help tips, 75 ways to organize your shoes...you get the idea.

I have recently found a Pinterest wisdom that has changed my life. Seriously. Life changed.

I have greasy hair. Always have...probably always will. I know it is great for my hair (and would probably make it less greasy) to not wash it every day. But, my hair looks so gross by day 2 that I simply have to wash it again. Greasy hair at work is a pet peeve of mine. Dry shampoo is fine for the weekends, but I feel like it leaves a weird residue and half-way through the day my hair just looks greasy again.

Enter Pinterest...I found a pin about a concoction, made with household items, that is supposed to life grease from hair. Y'all, it works!!

Original Pin: http://pinterest.com/pin/268738302735268693/
Blog Post: http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/07/a-quick-fix-for-oily-hair-dry-clean-it.html

Simply mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, 4 tablespoons water, and 1 tablespoon hydrogen peroxide. Spray it in your roots and through your hair and then use the blow dryer to dry it. ta-dah! your hair looks freshly washed. My hair still felt soft and smooth. Some of the comments on the blog talk about that once the water/alcohol evaporates you are left with pure cornstarch and it leaves white in your hair. I haven't seen that problem, but I also have lighter hair (though not white, so you'd think it would still show.) I should have added before and after pictures, but I decided to blog about this after I did my hair :)

What Pinterest Wisdom have you found lately? Click here to follow Leopard & Lace on Pinterest.

xo
Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment