Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Barney's New York: Gaga's Workshop

I spend every Thanksgiving at my sister's place in New York City (we missed you this year Al!) Part of our Thanksgiving tradition besides turkey, shopping, Broadway is to stroll up and down 5th Avenue looking at the beautiful Christmas Window displays. Each department store has a theme...from bubbles at Saks to a "parade of animals" at Bergdorf all of the display because Christmas scenes/stories and beautifully expensive clothing.

The one to sick out this year was Barney's tribute to Lady Gaga. Not only did they have an extravagant window display they also turned the 6th floor of the men's department into "Gaga's Workshop." OMG it was AMAZING. I wish I had taken some pictures, but it was a madhouse.

In Gaga's workshop you could buy "hair bow" cookies, clothes, cosmetics all  inspired by Lady Gaga.  I really liked the vneck tshirts, but they were $75.  I did leave with a limited edition NARS lipgloss titled "born this way" it is a beautiful, pinkish lavender color. I really wanted to Deborah Lippman set There are items for sale online through Barneys: http://gagasworkshop.com/. The best part? 25% of all sales go straight to The Born This Way Foundation.

If you are in New York City, check it out! It was a magical place!

-Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment