Thursday, July 26, 2012

Gold Medal Beauty Products

Gold Medal Products
The opening ceremony for the 2012 Summer Olympics is just days away! My boyfriend and I are making some delicious bbq, and watching the opening ceremony on his oversized tv.

I thought I would be cheesy, and put together a list of my "gold medal" products. There are some products I know I will use for life. I trust them, they always look good, smell good, or do good. Why would I want to leave them?

Starting from the top:

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation is defiantly a splurge item for me. It is around $40 at Sephora but it is amazing. It is a full coverage foundation that hides all of my flaws, looks natural, and stays on all day...even during the hot and humid summer. If you are willing to splurge on a foundation, and are looking for good coverage I highly recommend it.

The Korres Lip Butters have been a long time favorite of mine. They are incredibly moisturizing, and the tinted ones give off a beautiful color. These run $12 at Sephora, which some might think is pricey for a lip balm but you get a lot of product and they are worth it. Pomegranate and Guava are my favorites.

Purity by Philosophy is an amazing, every day moisturizer. When my skin isn't acting out, I like to use it day and night. When my skin is being picky, I like the Philosophy Clear Days Ahead.

The Elf Studio Line lash extending mascara is $3 and hands down one of the best mascara I've ever used. I have short and stubby lashes. Using this Elf mascara, plus Cover Girl Lash Blast gives me super long lashes and I love it. Did I mention it is $3. I get mine at my local Target, or you can find it on www.eyeslipsface.com.

When I parooze the nail polish aisle I always stop at Essie. They have a great range of colors, a good formula (most of the time), and a moderate price at $8.00. I like OPI, but for my small nail beds, the brush on Essie polish is easier to work with. Hint: Ulta always has Essie on their sale rack! I've gotten some great colors for as low at $2.99.

Twirl by Kate Spade is my go to day time fragrance. It is light and airy. I received the roller ball for Christmas a year or two ago and recently purchased a full size bottle at Marshall's. I LOVE Marshall's for perfume purchases!

I had never heard of Jouer until I joined Birchbox. I received a cream eye shadow in one of my boxes and my life changed forever. The formula is great, it had just enough shimmer to be perfect for a brow bone and inner corner highlight. The color I have is Feather. The Jouer tinted moisturizer is fantastic too.

I love the entire Tarte Amazonian Clay line. The foundation provides fantastic coverage, the concelar is great for under eye circles, and the primper minimized pores. But, their blushes really stick out to me. They give off a beautiful, pigmented color. They go on smooth and are buildable. They come in a range of colors from bight, hot pink to bronze, cool pinks. I own exposed and blissful.

What are you GOLD MEDAL beauty products?


xo,
Tori
 

No comments:

Post a Comment